Research Funding for Undergraduate Student Support for Faculty


Riecker Undergraduate Research Fund

Riecker Undergraduate Student Research Support Application


The Center for the Education of Women currently has one program that provides funds to University of Michigan faculty members engaged in gender-focused research. The intent of this fund is to enable faculty members from any discipline to involve undergraduate University of Michigan students in research projects pertaining to gender. 

A faculty member may apply for up to $2,000 to pay the wages of an undergraduate student as part of his/her research team.  Faculty are eligible to apply for these research funds to support their undergraduate student(s) only once during the course of any academic year. For questions, please call 734-764-7640 or email 

The deadline for submitting your proposal is Sept. 1, 2016 for academic year 2016-2017.  You'll be notified of the results by Sept. 22.

Dr. Tiffany Marra
Center for the Education of Women

330 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor, MI 48104-2274