Council for Nontraditional Students
COUNTS (Council for Nontraditional Students), a university-wide council comprised of faculty, staff, and students focused on supporting the success of underserved students through resource sharing, collaboration, and tracking emerging needs. COUNTS is working to:
- Build community for underserved student populations by developing new programming and working to create a gathering space for underserved students on campus.
- Increase collaboration among units that support underserved students.
- Improve data collection across campus with regard to specific underserved student populations such as student parents and caregivers.
Recent successes include:
- Working with the Office of Budget and Planning to add a question to the UMAY survey about students with caregiving responsibilities
- LARC expansion to include gaps in education
- Partnering with Wolverine Wellness to have events for underserved students on CANVAS site
If you have questions or would like more information about how to join COUNTS, please contact Kirsten Elling at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 764-6360.