CANCELED: CO-SPONSORED EVENT: Five-day Summer Institute Workshop-Designing and Evaluating Culturally Appropriate Interventions to Improve Reproductive & Sexual Health
University of Michigan School of Nursing, 426 N. Ingalls Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Building on the content from the 2-day conference, this 5-day workshop will give participants an opportunity to develop beginning competencies in the design and evaluation of culturally and developmentally appropriate interventions to improve reproductive and sexual health across a multitude of settings.
- Understand how to design impactful studies
- Discuss different measurement aspects of a study
- Understand the steps that are required when designing quantitative research studies
- Describe the differences in quantitative research designs
- Understand and articulate issues of reliability and validity
- Explore the ethical issues associated with a range of research designs
- Describe how to connect program objectives to key monitoring tasks
- Develop a program monitoring plan with key essential components
This five-day workshop is intended for, but not limited to: nurses, midwives, social workers, physicians, junior faculty, post-doctoral fellows, doctoral and master level students, researchers or investigators, ministry of health personnel, non-governmental organization monitoring and evaluation staff, and others with an interest in global reproductive and sexual health research and policy.