CO-SPONSORED EVENT: Continuing Challenges to Suffrage in Michigan in 2020: Who Still Can’t Vote?
Continuing Challenges to Suffrage in Michigan in 2020: Who Still Can’t Vote?
October 12, 2020 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Event online via Zoom: https://umich.zoom.us/j/94834992200
Panel discussion with:
- Stephanie Chang, Michigan State Senator and a board member of Rising Voices of Asian American Families.
- Dessa Cosma, Executive Director of Detroit Disability Power and a founding partner of the People with Disabilities Voting Rights Coalition.
- Reverend Wendell Anthony, President of the Detroit Branch of the NAACP and leader of voting rights campaigns, including Take Your Souls to the Polls and Promote the Vote.
- Matthew L.M. Fletcher, Law Professor and director of the Indigenous Law and Policy Center at Michigan State University, as well as an appellate judge for numerous tribal courts.
- Moderated by Michael Steinberg, Law Professor and Director of the Civil Rights Litigation Initiative at UM Law School, former legal director of Michigan ACLU.
Organized by Women and Gender Studies, The Ford School, LSA
Sponsored by: The entire Suffrage 2020 Collaboration and the Democracy and Debate Theme Semester