CO-SPONSORED EVENT: Two-day Conference – #UnfinishedAgenda: Sexual Reproductive Health & Rights for All
University of Michigan School of Nursing, 426 N. Ingalls Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
The two-day conference will focus on maternal health disparities globally and within the US, stigma and bias in reproductive health care, and the impact of current US policies domestically and globally on reproductive health with experts in the field presenting up-to-date research and practical clinical approaches to working with vulnerable populations.
- Describe maternal health disparities in the US and globally
- Understand how disparities and stigma influence maternal health outcomes
- Discuss programs and interventions for reducing maternal mortality
- Identify strategies to improve patient care experiences in reproductive health care domestically and globally
- Discuss the role of nurses and midwives in reproductive health care
- Understand US policies related to reproductive health care and their impact domestically and globally
This two-day conference is intended for, but not limited to: undergraduate and graduate students, nurses, midwives, social workers, physicians, junior faculty, post-doctoral fellows, researchers or investigators, and others with an interest in global reproductive and sexual health research.