- Events & Workshops
- Taking Action
- Give to CEW
Access and Barriers to Post-Secondary Education Under Michigan's Welfare to Work Policies: Policy Background and Recipients' Experience
This report, researched and written by the Coalition for Independence Through Education, presents quantitative and qualitative research on Michigan welfare recipients' participation in post-secondary education. It includes current Michigan policy, best practices from other states, the experience of recipients in the system, and policy recommendations.
This report is available in downloadable PDF files; you may download the complete report or any section of it. If you do not already have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it for free from Adobe.
- Complete Report (188K) PDF
- Executive Summary (24K) PDF
- Introductory Materials (44K) PDF (Title Page, Executive Summary, and Introduction)
- Section I (32K) PDF Current Michigan Policices on Post-secondary Education for Low-income Parents Receiving Public Assistance
- Section II (48K) PDF CFITE Low Income Student Parent Survey
- Section III (76K) PDF Policy Options and Recommendations
- Appendices (28K) PDF
- Notes (56K) PDF