- Programs & Events
- Taking Action
- President's Advisory Commission on Women's Issues
- Michigan Partners Project
- Visiting Social Activists Program
- Carol Hollenshead Award
- Women and Economic Security: Changing Policy and Practice Conference
- UM Campus Issues
- Campus Sexual Assault Policy Conference 2012
- Taking Action on State and National Issues
- Support CEW
Gender, Work and Structural Adjustment: A Selected Annotated Bibliography
Lakshmi Lingam Professor, Unit for Women’s Studies Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai India February 2005
This annotated bibliography was prepared as a prelude to a review of research on structural adjustment policies and their gender and household impacts; and as an accompaniment to an empirical study undertaken in Mumbai, India. This investigation of research emerging from the African, Asian and Latin American continents was supported by CEW's Visiting Scholar Program. The author hopes that these annotations of important research in the field will spur many researchers to carry out micro studies in many other countries to accumulate evidences to counter neo-liberal policies being pursued world over, which are proving to be anti-women and anti-poor.
Each section is in PDF format and may be downloaded and opened using Acrobat Reader.