- Programs & Events
- Taking Action
- President's Advisory Commission on Women's Issues
- Michigan Partners Project
- Women and Economic Security: Changing Policy and Practice Conference
- Visiting Social Activists Program
- Carol Hollenshead Award
- Taking Action on State and National Issues
- UM Campus Issues
- Campus Sexual Assault Policy Conference 2012
- Support CEW
CEW Scholarships Eligibility Requirements
Applications for the 2014-2015 academic year are now available. (January 31, 2014 deadline for applications.)
Before applying for a CEW scholarship for the next academic year, please read through the following eligibility requirements to see if you qualify.
Eligibility Requirements for CEW Scholarships:
- Must be attending the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, Flint, Dearborn Campuses) in the academic year of 2014-2015.
- Must have experienced a lapse in education after graduating from high school of at least 48 consecutive or non-consecutive months (not counting interruptions of less than 8 months). Please click here for examples.
- Applicants who have received a CEW Scholarship in the past are not eligible.
Requesting an Eligibility Review:
If you feel your situation meets intent, if not the exact criteria, and warrants an exception, please submit an explanation of your circumstances in writing for an evaluation PRIOR to submitting an application. Please submit your request to Doreen Murasky (firstname.lastname@example.org). This request should include in detail your educational history:
- Date you graduated/left HS and/or obtained a GED
- List in date order all of your higher education experiences beyond HS or GED (the month and year you began and the month and year you left for each interruption) and the degree you were working on, if applicable. This will help the committee determine the total number of months in which you had an interruption in your academic career.
- If applicable, articulate any circumstances that you would like the committee to consider in determining your eligibility.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Eligibility includes undergraduate, graduate, professional, and certificate program levels and full-time or part-time students.
- Interruptions may have occurred at any time after High School graduation and prior to Fall Term, 2014. This means if you are currently attending U-M and had an interruption ten years ago–you are eligible.
- You do not have to be admitted at the time you submit the application, however you must be admitted to U-M by May 1, 2014 or application will not be forwarded to the Final Selection Committee.
- When you apply, you are applying for approximately 40 CEW Scholarships, some scholarships may have specific criteria or specific eligibility requirements. The Scholarship Award Committee will match awardees with the Scholarship that fits the appropriate criteria.
- Please see examples of eligibility.
If you have any questions about the application process or eligibility, contact Kristina Bee at 734.764.7271 or email@example.com.