“Even in the midst of difficult change I have always conditioned myself to see the benefit, to find the opportunities, and to recognize the blessings that change brings to us.”
This episode of Strength in the Midst of Change features Sonja Feist-Price, Ph.D., Dr.Rh., Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs at the University of Michigan-Flint. Dr. Feist-Price shares how passion and purpose have guided her throughout her career, and the ways in which higher education has been changed in the face of the pandemic. Make sure to listen to the end to hear her talk about her hopes for UM-Flint and what she’s looking forward to in the next six months.
Resiliency is best demonstrated in times of challenges. Join CEW+ Director Tiffany Marra as she talks to students, staff, faculty, and community members connected to the University of Michigan’s Center for the Education of Women+ (CEW+) in our podcast, Strength in the Midst of Change. Through this podcast, CEW+ seeks to create a safe place where you will be inspired by the stories of everyday people. Originally created to document the challenges resulting from COVID-19, CEW+ has expanded the podcast to include stories of combating racism through individual and organizational action. This podcast will continue to evolve as societal challenges shift over time.
- The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? by Rick Warren
- Office of the Chancellor UM-Flint
- Urban Institute for Racial, Economic, & Environmental Justice
- Blue for You: Empowering your Future
- Reconnect 2 Scholarship
And from Dr. Feist-Price:
“At UM-Flint, we have a number of important initiatives underway:
- We have just launched Blue for You: Empowering your Future. This is an amazing initiative to provide support to our prospective and current students in the form of scholarships, grants, resources, and more. You can read more about this university-wide effort at umflint.edu/blueforyou.
- We are focused intently on our research endeavors at UM-Flint, providing more support to our faculty to engage in scholarship. We are doing this through our Reconnect 2 Scholarship effort, which provides funding to professors to continue their research pursuits.
- Just a few months ago, we launched the new Urban Institute for Racial, Economic, and Environmental Justice. This is an important new unit at UM-Flint that is led by faculty and staff to engage with the campus and community on these critical issues of our times.”