- Events & Workshops
- Taking Action
- Give to CEW
WOCAP WRITEins: Winter 2017-18 Schedule
Please contact Ashwini Bhasi 734-764-6292 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details about WOCAP WRITEins.
Sampling of Past WOCAP Events
- WOCAP Overnight Writing Retreats (click here to view info about the summer 2016 retreat)
- Shirley Verrett Tribute and Awards Presentations
- WOCAP Academic Promotions Celebration
- WOCAP Fall Welcome Dinners
- WOCAP Spring Celebration Dinners
- WOCAP WRITEins
- "Advancing Together"
- March 2011 Conference with a keynote address by Dr. Nancy Barcelo, President of Northern New Mexico College, and breakout sessions featuring faculty from across the UM campus. Topics of discussion included:
- Promising Practices for a Diverse Campus
- Considering Leadership Positions
- Academia and Community Engagement
- Promotion from Associate to Full Professor
- Balancing Work and Personal Life
- Mentoring for Junior and Mid-Career Faculty
Sampling of Past WOCAP Projects
Professionals of Color Connect
A networking event in the summer of 2010 for area professionals, featuring the performances of 3 UM faculty members: renowned jazz pianist Geri Allen, bassist Robert Hurst, and dancer Robin Wilson.
“State of Women of Color at the University of Michigan Address”
Held in the Winter of 2008, the purpose of this panel of speakers was to spark dialogue within the university community about the state of recruitment, retention, and promotion of women of color faculty across ranks, departments, and units. We hoped to develop interventions that will lead to the successful recruitment and retention of women of color, as well as improve classroom environments, departmental climates, and service contributions.
Through My Lens Video Project
The video project "Through My Lens" was completed in the fall of 1999. The video was produced to capture the experiences of women of color faculty at U-M as a part of a broad undertaking to create a dialogue that would lead to promoting reform in the recruitment, retention, and overall satisfaction of women of color faculty in academe.
The 27-minute presentation captures salient commentary by women of color faculty on such pertinent themes as: campus climate, isolation/lack of community, balance issues between career and family, and recruitment/retention issues.