Call for Proposals: CEW+ 2022 Carol Hollenshead Inspire Award for Excellence in Promoting Equity & Social Change
Applications are due Monday, May 16, 2022, at 11:59 pm
In honor of former director Carol Hollenshead’s twenty-year tenure at the Center for the Education of Women, CEW+ created the Carol Hollenshead Inspire Award for Excellence in Promoting Equity and Social Change. CEW+ is seeking proposal submissions for this award ($1,000 for individuals; $2,000 for groups) by May 16, 2022, from faculty, staff, postdoctorates, research fellows, and students whose sustained efforts have resulted in greater equity in regard to gender, race, class, age, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation at Michigan or beyond. Honorees will be those who, like Carol, have proven that social change is possible through persistent hard work and who demonstrate that one person can make a lasting difference in their communities.
CRITERIA FOR THE AWARD
- Sustained effort and demonstrated outcomes in achieving greater equity in this community and/or beyond
- Creativity in devising strategic approaches to advocacy and problem solving
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Effective coalition building
To receive this award, recipients must meet the following conditions:
- Be a student, postdoctorate, research fellow, staff, or faculty (emeritus, current tenure-track, non-tenure-track, or tenured faculty) at UM-Ann Arbor, Dearborn, or Flint during the 2022-23 academic year.
- Deliver a lightning talk (5-7 min) describing your work and participate in answering questions from the audience with other awardees at the CEW+ Advocacy Symposium in person in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on September 21, 2022, or virtually if required to comply in a public health informed manner and within all guidelines set forth by the University leadership.
- Lead a 90-minute workshop, between November 2022 and June 2023, which includes your authentic journey and time for attendees to ask questions. An integral part of the Inspire initiative is pairing advocacy, social change, and activism with skills that enhance a sense of well-being, focus, and interconnectedness. A short guided Mindfulness Meditation practice will be developed and presented to complement your workshop.
Questions about or assistance with the application process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-764-6360.
Please follow this link to view and complete the application. Applications are due Monday, May 16, 2022, at 11:59 pm.
Please click here for more information and to view recordings of past Carol Hollenshead Inspire Award for Excellence in Promoting Equity and Social Change recipients.