CEW+ is able to offer small emergency grants to current U-M Ann Arbor graduate students and undergraduate students. These grants, called Emergency Funds (EF), are for unexpected, unanticipated financial emergencies that threaten to derail degree progression.
CEW+ is pleased to announce a new partnership with Central Student Government combining emergency funding to offer critical support for childcare expenses for international students at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor campus. These funds can be accessed through CEW+ using the process detailed below.
Prior to scheduling an appointment, it is the student’s responsibility to make sure their request fits within the following parameters:
- Request is to cover unexpected or unanticipated emergent expense(s) (note: receipts and other documentation may be requested)
- A current FAFSA is on file with the Office of Financial Aid (this criterion will be waived if you are ineligible to complete FAFSA, i.e. international or undocumented students
- There is unmet need in your financial aid package
- You are an enrolled U-M Ann Arbor student
- You have not already received Emergency Funds from CEW+ in the current academic year
Unfortunately, CEW+ Emergency Funds cannot be awarded for:
- Tuition, books, supplies, or any other fees/costs related to attending the university
- Student account holds
- Consumer or other outstanding debt
- Anticipated or chronic funding gap
- Conferences/training or conference travel
- Study abroad
- Serve as a replacement or substitute for student loans
CEW+ Emergency Funds are not intended to supplement a student’s financial aid package. Students cannot be awarded CEW+ emergency funds beyond what a student’s aid package allows.
How to Apply
To be considered for CEW+ Emergency Funding, the student will need to call 734-764-6360, fill out this form, or email email@example.com to schedule an emergency funding appointment with a CEW+ counselor. Our office is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday – Friday. We will return all emails, voicemails, and appointment requests as quickly as possible.
Upon scheduling, the student will receive, via email, intake forms that will need to be completed prior to the start of your appointment. During the appointment, a CEW+ Counselor will work with the student to learn about their situation, explore options and resources, and discuss next steps of the consideration process.
If you have questions about your specific circumstances or eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our office at (734) 764-6360 to request a phone or Zoom appointment with one of our counselors.