RSVP now for the 5th Annual CEW+ Advocacy Symposium
Accessing & Navigating Systems
September 28, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Join CEW+ virtually for its annual fall Symposium themed Accessing & Navigating Systems. This year’s symposium will feature:
- opening remarks by Christina R. Cutlip, PhD, Senior Managing Director, Head of Client Engagement and National Advocacy at TIAA
- the Mullin Welch Lecture given by C. Nicole Mason, PhD, president and chief executive officer of the Institute for Women’s Policy Research. The keynote will be facilitated by Catherine Hadley, a U-M senior majoring in Political Science and U-M’s 28th Truman Scholar.
- the awarding of the 2021 Carol Hollenshead Inspire Award for Excellence in Promoting Equity and Social Change. Awardees will participate in a panel discussion titled Amplifying Narratives and Engaging Communities to Create Systemic Change.
- a capstone presentation by outgoing CEW+ Twink Frey Visiting Social Activist Dessa Cosma, MA, founder of Detroit Disability Power.
- the announcement of the 2022 CEW+ Twink Frey Visiting Social Activist, Theresa Anderson, MPP, PhD, senior researcher at the Urban Institute.
The CEW+ Advocacy Symposium is made possible with support from TIAA, our platinum corporate sponsor.