CEW+ is able to offer small emergency grants to current U-M Ann Arbor graduate students and undergraduate students. These grants, called Emergency Funds (EF), are for unexpected financial emergencies that threaten to derail degree progress including funding issues that are a result of COVID-19.
Updated scheduling process during COVID-19:
Our primary goal during this unprecedented health crisis is to support our community while staying safe and healthy. As a precaution, we will be holding all emergency funding appointments over the phone.
You can schedule a phone appointment by calling 734-764-6360 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday-Friday. We will return all voicemails as quickly as possible. Please be patient with our team as we adapt to new remote working processes.
If you have questions about your specific circumstances or eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our office at (734) 764-6360 to request a phone appointment with one of our counselors.
Prior to making a phone appointment, it is the student’s responsibility to make sure that their request fits within the following parameters:
- Request is to cover unexpected, emergent expense(s) (please note that receipts and other documentation may be requested)
- A FAFSA is on file with the Office of Financial Aid and there is unmet need in your budget (this criterion will be waived if you are an international or undocumented student).
- You are a current U-M Ann Arbor student
- You have not already received Emergency Funds from CEW+ in the current academic year (this criterion will be waived if expenses are related to COVID-19)
Unfortunately, we cannot grant Emergency Funds to cover the following:
- As a replacement for student loans
- Anticipated or chronic funding gap
- Conferences/training or conference travel
- Study abroad, unless it is related to COVID-19